8 signs that you are overtraining
You can overload your body in almost any sport, the payback will be at least a slowdown in progress, in more serious cases – an injury. You can avoid this phenomenon by adhering to certain rules.
The cause of a sports disease (as doctors call this condition) is that the body does not have time to regain strength after prolonged and intense exertion. Overtraining can occur suddenly, even if you have been visiting a fitness club strictly regularly two to three times a week for several years.
The fact is that not one training program takes into account external loads, such as a blockage at work, home repair or a trip to the country. Fortunately, most often the symptoms of the imbalance “load – rest” are obvious and even a beginner can recognize them. If you started to notice the lightest of them, stop training and discuss your condition with a trainer – perhaps this will save you from health problems.
- The most obvious sign is a breakdown, apathy, unwillingness to train. You come to the gym, but you do not have the strength to perform the same number of approaches as a week ago. You get tired even at the warm-up, and proceed to the main training with the thoughts “I can not.”
- Strong laziness. You don’t want to, as before, walk to the hall with a cheerful walk, and, in principle, also go to the metro reluctantly. No, it’s possible to get there, but why, if you don’t want to change clothes and approach the shells? .. The sign is rather subjective, if you had a complete emergency in your office today, then this may be ordinary fatigue and it has nothing to do with overtraining. Or maybe it’s ordinary laziness – in any case, pay attention to this.
- Irritability after class. If you (like most athletes) are given a good mood during training, during and after them you forget about all the problems and disputes with contractors, and today this is not even mentioned, then the alarm bell has already rung. It is time to take a short break and take a break from stress – a couple of weeks will be enough.
- Stagnation in progress. In another way, this is called the training plateau – you stopped noticing the results of training, extra pounds stopped leaving, the muscles no longer become, the speed of the approaches does not grow. If you are confident in the correctness of the program and use Halobol by Alpha Pharma in USA, stagnation or regression may also be the request of the body for a longer rest.
- Your health condition worsened. Your head started to hurt, you began to sleep worse, and the morning rise to training was included in the category of feats. Of course, a headache, as well as insomnia (or, conversely, too prolonged sleep) are not necessarily signs of overtraining. Contact your therapist, and if there is no longer any reason for the deterioration of well-being, then the training should be stopped.
- Deteriorating appetite and decreased libido. Remember the symptoms of severe stress or depression – the basic instincts at this time, too, become dull. Again, problems at work, deadlines, the time of quarterly reports and the session are good reasons for a slight apathy. But if in the other aspects of life you are doing well, and you still don’t feel like sex, it means that excessive loads in the gym may be to blame.
- Abnormal medical indicators. Rapid pulse even at rest, decreased lymphocytes in the blood, weakened immunity – objective indicators of overtraining, which are difficult to interpret in two ways. If your sports watch began to enter the upper heart rate zone more often without increasing loads, you catch a cold for the sixth time in a month, so it’s time to pause the workouts. It is also good to consult a doctor to prevent complications. Under the supervision of specialists, you can relax better and easier to return to class.
- Muscle fatigue that does not go away. A reason to discuss the “freezing” of a subscription for a couple of weeks with a trainer may be muscle pain and aches that do not go away a day or two after an intense workout. It is noteworthy that those muscles that you did not load for the last time can begin to hurt.
The best cure for sports illness is a rest of 10-15 days. During this time, a tired body will be able to restore everything that he did not have time to do for the next workout, and you will return to an excellent mood and again be pulled into the gym. Dilute the rest with gentle stretch marks and light tonic loads. At this time, it is also necessary to consume fairly complex carbohydrates and light protein, fiber and water.
Remember to review your diet and exercise program before resuming training! The main thing is to carefully listen to your body and remember that sometimes with the help of ordinary laziness the body gives signals for help. Listen to yourself, and the body will thank you for caring!